So today (technically yesterday now), based only on “Eh, I like traditionally animated movies.”, I decided to take a chance and buy a ticket for the Toronto International Film Festival’s showing of The Powerpuff Girls Movie, despite having no familiarity with the franchise whatsoever. After having done so, I just want to ask why no one ever told me how fucking awesome The Powerpuff Girls is?
Despite being the oldest person there save parents in a cinema full of kids, this was probably one the best experiences I’ve had in a cinema in a long time. The movie was a blast and just had an energy about it that made me want to grin as if I’d been watching the series my whole life. Not to mention, unexpected feels, man.
After having watched it myself, I’m seriously bummed that it tanked when it was first released and got panned as I would have liked to see more movies get made. Oh well, at least I’ve got the series to watch now!
- insert-creative-name-94 likes this
- cinderellasince1993 reblogged this from woods-of-mal
- cinderellasince1993 likes this
- late-nite-eating reblogged this from wondermentsofme
- wondermentsofme reblogged this from woods-of-mal and added:
- wondermentsofme likes this
- une-canadien-errant likes this
- paintheskywithcolor likes this
- potatouprising likes this
- zaptap likes this
- cristheweirdo likes this
- sbanimefreak likes this
- ppgfan4life likes this
- woods-of-mal posted this